Friday, July 25, 2008

Another take on the B-word...

I found this little gem of an article on the washingtonpost.com and it captures a lot of what needs to be said, and what is already said about that wonderful b-word that we all have a love-hate relationship with.

We love to use it, but hate to be called it.  Maybe if we really look at why we use it on the people we do, we would actually discover that it is more of a compliment than a derogatory comment.

In my case, people tried to shut me down by using the said b-word (I am intentionally not using it now as I know you are waiting for me to) to describe me.  Instead of being offended, appaled or changing my ways, I liked what it could stand for and thanked those people for giving me a new object in life.  

That object?  Annoying the hell out of everyone else that had thought that using such a word would put strong women like myself now.  Now I can honestly say thank you for creating the BITCH that I am today.  (Are you happy now?)


No comments: